- Posted by: essay
- Category: Free essays
Choice of marketing distribution is decisive in determining the direction of marketing policy. Place can be implemented by the enterprise, and with the involvement of trade negotiators. They are both wholesalers and retailers, distributors, brokers, dealers, various agents, etc.
In order to plan the company’s profitability in the short and medium term it is necessary to resort to using the operational marketing. This is a fairly effective tool, based on a sound marketing strategy based on measurements, processing of market data, and convert them into accurate information. Because sometimes the most, at first glance, the trendy and quality products is not marketable because of its price and availability for the mass consumer.
Promotion – mix – is a complex, which includes:
• Advertising – any form of non-personal presentation and promotion of ideas, goods or services, paid exactly specified by the customer;
• sales promotion – a marketing pressure applied in a certain limited period of time to stimulate trial purchases, increasing demand from consumers or further enhance the quality of the goods;
• PR, or public relations – is an art and social sciences with the analysis of trends, predicting impacts, recommendations of heads of organizations and the implementation of planned programs of action, which serve the interests of both organizations and the public interest;
• Personal sales – an oral presentation of the goods traders in the process of communicating with one or more potential buyers to make a deal.
The successful implementation of all the aspects of marketing mix leads to the success of the marketing company.
In accordance with the objectives and tasks of the research, the conclusions about the marketing mix of the company will be made for the period of recession. That is, the resulting conclusions and plans for development will be of short-term.
But the importance of changes in company strategy is determined by the contradiction between the practical objectives of the company and the existing situation. In recent years increasingly used strategy development company and, accordingly, to strategic planning. The development of the strategic aspects of marketing on the consumer goods market is crucial because market has entered into a stage of its development when the absence of clearly defined strategies, based on the results of marketing research leads to inefficiencies of marketing activity and loss of competitive advantages. The essence of marketing in today’s consumer market is the priority of individual needs of the entire industrial and commercial activities of the enterprise. Therefore, marketing should be seen not only as one of the controls, but also as a global function that determines the content of all marketing activities of the enterprise.
Because of modern marketing is, above all, strategic, it increases focus and scientific justification of marketing decisions. Strategic plans are increasingly relying on long-term programs that define the global objectives of the company’s market.
5. Structure of dissertation
Chapter I. Introduction
1. Aims and objectives
2. Rationale for choosing the topic
3. Theoretical background
Chapter II: Literature review
2.3 Direct marketing
2.4. Sales promotion
2.5. The effect of promotion mix on consumer behaviour.
Chapter III : Research methodology and design:
1. Research design
2. Research methodology
3. Sampling Method and Configuration
4. Qualitative research method
Chapter IV: Data Analysis
2. Analysis of the questionnaire (Quantitative Research)
3. Interpretation of Interview (Qualitative analysis)
4. Promotion Mix
5. Effect of the promotion mix during recession
6. Effect of Promotion mix Post recession
Chapter V: Conclusion
Chapter VI : Recommendations
Chapter V: Conclusion
The main activity of the marketing system is a process and its dynamics, so practically any organization uses the methods and functions of marketing in their activities. While organizations that produces goods or services, as well as all trading companies are obliged to work effectively using a marketing mix effectively.
Research carried by marketer can help organizations make the right managerial decisions and to find its niche in the market of goods (services).
At each stage of the life company uses different types (concepts) of marketing, so the next stage of business development needs different approaches of marketing, especially in the stages of growth and decline. At later stages of company development the task of marketing becomes a work of maintaining the stability of demand for the product (service) and identifying new market sectors, as well as organization of constant monitoring of the wishes of buyers of goods (services).
Thus, the marketing mix in the organization is required to achieve the effectiveness of any organization at any stage of its development. But while the marketing mix is not always a 100% guarantee against the possible problems of organization, if one is on stage, marketing was not involved in the business plan or simply were not conducted market research.
The crisis and decline in the company, the crisis of marketing is a rather frequent phenomenon in our days. Before many managers stands a problem: how to get out of this situation, how to improve their condition. This problem has been devoted in the research.
The aim of research was to evaluate the promotion mix adopted by Sainsbury east ham branch London. The company needs to make changes in it’s marketing strategy and marketing mix due to the current situation of recession in 2008-2009.
The study examined questions such as:
1. Systematics of the theoretical foundations of improving marketing activities;
– The nature and objectives of the marketing activity of the enterprise;
– Organization of marketing activities of the enterprise;
– Methods of marketing research in the enterprise.
2. The analysis and evaluation of marketing and commercial activities of the company:
– evaluation of whether the promotional strategies used by the Sainsbury’s address the factors that influenced the customer’s purchase decision making;
– evaluation of different factors that has influenced the purchase behaviour of the customer from location point of view;
– assessment of the effectiveness of marketing activity of Sainsbury.
3. Develop proposals for improving the commercial and marketing activities;
– Ways to improve the effectiveness of the marketing services and its relationship with the commercial component of the company;
– Improving the efficiency of the study of consumer demand for products and goods.
The aim of the research of marketing mix at the last stage was correctly analyze the information gathered and make recommendations for effective management decisions. Results of the analysis and recommendations are presented to company’s management.